I'm a girl....

I was born a girl
In a world of men
Condemned to a life of misery and pain.

They wanted a son
To make them proud.
Not a duaghter, with whose liability
For a lifetime they would be bound.

I blended in the shadows
Fading my existence
drowning in an abyss of darkness
The world around me living in oblivion.

Years passed away, till that day came
When they could put their daughter
In the hands of that one
Who for money was willing to take their bane.

A ray of hope dared to creep in
Joy at last may be mine
The tears may be wept away
The sun may finally rise.

But, alas !
How could i forget
I was a woman
Happiness to whom was denied forever.

Abuse in all forms came to me
Beating and harassment drowned my screams
Those around me became blind to my wounds
The bruises on my soul, were more painful than the ones in plain view.

I did the chores
I cooked the meals
I raised the family
And at night i wept...till finally in silence sleep crept up on me.

How long was this pain to last?
Everyday i prayed for my end
But it seemed so far
The vicious cirlce moved along...
Days and years had lost meaning long back.

Today, as i finally breathe my last
So close to the release, for so long i had sought
My heart can beat in relief and joy
As the fear of living slowly passes by.
I was a girl in a world of men
Is that the crime for which my entire life was condemned ??

Comments

frankzzsword said…
wow! that is groundbreaking poem!

you should post it on deviantart.com

hats off to u
ankit shishodia said…
quite touchin' a poem...nyc1!!!
A good one indeed....something that you read once in a while...

Kudos!!

Popular posts from this blog

BLACK OR WHITE- TELL ME WHO YOU ARE

They Need Us...

Lost Soul