Lost Soul

The sun sets far beyond the horizon


Leaving me in darkness


The loneliness of my heart


The solitude of my existence


More profound than ever.



There is no one to see the tears


No one to feel the pain


No one to hold my hand


As every moment passing by


Seems to go away in vain.



But it wasnt always like this


There was a time when i was happy


When i smiled with every morning sunshine


When my heart sang with every rain


When there was excuberence in my step


And my world was a secure place.



Then my haven broke


It all came crashing down


The silver linings melted away into shadows


And there was just me, left bare.



The days pass by


Life moves on


I no longer sing when it rains


But use it to hide my tears and my pain


To smile, i no longer know how


To live is a task


The joy of it long gone.



Its morning once again


The sun is rising beyond the horizon


The world is moving on its path


I lay awake like i had the night before


And the night before that


Wondering where to go


When everything i once had


Has all been lost.



I don't know what to do


I don't know where to start


My life is no longer mine


And neither is my love


Who once held my heart


And everything that i had.



Those were the days of promises


Of words left unspoken


Of deep sighs and affections


Of faith and emotions


And those are the days long gone.



Today there is nothing


No promises to hold on to


No loving eyes to drown into


No holding hands as the sun sets down


No stolen kisses and moments so profound.



There are only memories to live by


As i fall towards endless darkness


I'm falling....falling


Don't try and hold me


Just set me free


And let me go.



Comments

Anonymous said…
I guess the girl must be very different from what you are and, that really amazed me to see something like her, coming out of your imagination.
Unknown said…
hey gal ...hats off 2 ur imagination!!
but i truly hope u nt d gal being mentioned here!!infact i believe dis poem is d summation of ones journey thru d highs n lows!!
the poem does hv various aspects dat makes the reader connect wid dem n think "hw does d poet knw wat i went thru??"..atleast i thot so!!
keep it up gal!!u rock!
PROFsr IXnTRIK said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
kshitij jain said…
Beautiful...just lovely piece of writing...just keep it up...i don't know that our juniors write so well...Could i see more of your poems?

Popular posts from this blog

BLACK OR WHITE- TELL ME WHO YOU ARE

They Need Us...